The purpose the Florida Music Education Association’s Student Conference Experience is to expand access to the annual conference to students throughout the state. Participating students will interact with amazing clinicians and educators, college representatives, and incredible performing groups. These students will have memorable experiences that they can take back and share with their high school music programs. The program will take place on Thursday and Friday of the 2018 FMEA Professional Development Conference.
Students will participate in workshops, observe rehearsals, attend College Night, and engage in social activities with their peers.
- Online nominations will begin September 23, 2017.
- The schedule and list clinicians/sessions will be available no later than October 1st.
- Updates and information can be found on this page.
- Student participants must be nominated by their music teacher.
- The music teacher must be a current member of FMEA.
- Music teachers must be registered for and attend the FMEA conference in order for their students to participate.
- All nominations will be reviewed by a select committee, and all decisions are final.
- High School students in grades nine through twelve are eligible.
- A school, regardless of the number of music teachers, may nominate up to three students.
- Participating schools are required to have one parent chaperone attend the conference at all Student Conference Experience activities. The music teacher may not serve as the chaperone.
- All participating students and chaperones will be required to stay at the conference hotel designated for the Student Conference Experience.
Nomination & Registration Process
- Directors will nominate students online beginning September 23
- In mid-November, nominations will be reviewed and directors will be notified of accepted students
- Directors will add the accepted students and their chaperones to their conference registration
Student Experience Nominations
Any questions should be director to Michael Antmann (email@example.com) and Charlene Cannon (firstname.lastname@example.org), Student Conference Experience coordinators.